2018 Hair Goals | Relaxed Hair Care

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

So the New Year is here and what better way to start the year than to set yourself some goals for the year ahead. Over the last few months, my hair has been flourishing so I have set myself some hair goals in order to maintain healthy relaxed hair throughout 2018.


Here my hair goals for 2018:

Grow My Hair Back to APL
I have suffered quite a few setbacks over the last two years which started in late 2015 when I was experiencing breakage due to under-processed hair. Between then and now, I have had trim off quite a lot of length and it's only now that I feel like my hair is healthy and in good stead to grow it out. I was reminiscing and looking at pictures of my hair from two years ago and I was so in love with my hair back then and it grew the longest it has ever been. My goal is to get back to armpit length by May 2018.

Maintain Thick Ends
I took part in the castor oil challenge for the last three months of the year and part of the challenge consisted of sealing in my moisture with castor oil mixed with a lighter oil to dilute the thickness. Using this oil mix following my trim in November 2017, I have managed to maintain the thickness of my hair by using heavier oils and only using a wide tooth comb to detangle my hair on wash days.

Thicken Up My Edges & Length of My Hair
To thicken up my edges and the length of my hair, I have decided to apply a light oil to my new growth and edges before a relaxer touch-up to leave a very slight texture to my hair. I don't want to be fully texlaxed as my hair is thriving now it is has less texture so I will use a light oil like grapeseed oil or sweet almond oil.

Henna Treatments
I have been interested in doing a henna treatment on my hair which is known for its strengthening and conditioning properties. I have no idea why but the thought of doing for the first time makes me nervous however, I intend to give this a try on my hair and if I find it beneficial for my hair I will do this step maybe every 8-12 weeks but I do need to do a bit more research.

Be More Adventurous when styling my hair...
When it comes to my hair, I feel like I can be pretty boring, for work, I resort to my go-to easy low manipulation hairstyles which I love but I want to be more adventurous. I want to try twist-outs, braid outs and a bantu knot style which I can wear during the weekend to look different than I do in the week.
Maintain / Be Consistent with My Hair Regime
I have set this as a goal because towards the end of last year, I started to slack when it came to moisturising and sealing my hair and going 3-4 days without putting some moisture into my hair or doing my hair in 2 sections instead of 4 for quickness. This year I want to remain consistent so I can see consistent results and am not left with dry hair throughout this cold weather.

Drink More Water
I need to increase my water intake which is something I drastically failed on last year. This goal isn't just for my hair but for my body and mind too, I have over 3 water bottles on my desk at work so I have brought one of them home and intend to drink two bottles of water a day, one at home and one at work.

Exercise
I got really lazy last year and working out was not at the top of my list if things to do. I'm not getting any younger and am all about looking after my body and mind so need to work out more often. I'm lucky that my partner and son are into fitness so don't have to leave the house to work out as we have all the equipment I need at home. My son is 13 and has agreed to be my personal trainer; we'll see how I get on.

 What are your hair goals for 2018?


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hey DeOnne! Love your blogs especially this one because I have the exact same goals in terms of length. I agree that caster oil really does wonders, may consider trying out the caster oil challenge like you did to maintain the thick ends and prevent drying them out. Last year i cut my hair drastically to shoulder length, then after a few months i wanted it to grow back to armpit length just like you, so i decided to try some products. Took a while but i finally found this amazing growth mask that actually worked, while also retaining moisture as it contains caster oil. You should definitely give it a go, maybe you'll reach your goal faster !! HAPPY 2018! :)

    ReplyDelete

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.