Castor Oil Challenge | For Growth & Thickness

Wednesday, November 08, 2017

I decided to do the castor oil challenge over the colder months to see if I could encourage thicker roots and extra length retention. The castor oil challenge consists of incorporating castor oil into your hair regime for a period of time. I have decided to take part in this challenge on the advanced level which is to add two teaspoons of castor oil to my deep conditioner each week, oil my scalp with castor oil every other night and also add castor oil to my  sealing oil which I use to deal in moisture.

I started the challenge on 1st October and the challenge will end on 1st January 2018. The castor oi I have chosen to use is the Sunny Isle Lavender Jamaican Black Castor Oil. When I first started the challenge I had the Mango & Lime Extra Dark Jamaican black castor oil in my stash so decided to use this in my challenge. I uploaded a video on my YouTube channel regarding starting the castor oil challenge and one of my subscribers mentioned that the castor oil I was using wasn't a complete black castor oil as this oil is mixed with other oils. When I checked the ingredients, sure enough, this castor oil contained, coconut oil and grapeseed oil which isn't really an issue as this oils are also good for the scalp and promoting hair growth, however, I wanted to solely use the genuine Jamaican black castor oil so picked up the Sunny Isle brand instead.

I am currently using the African Royale Hot Six Oil to seal in my moisture when moisturising and sealing and I have added two capfuls of the JBCO to this oil. This has thickened the oil but has not made it too thick that it weighs down my hair. I am currently moisturising and sealing my ends and edges every night.

To oil my scalp, I am using the Sunny Isle JBCO mixed with a few capfuls of the Mango & Lime JBCO just to dilute the oil a bit and make it less thick. I oil my scalp every other night and try to go as easy as possible so not to weight down my hair. Once I have oiled my scalp, I go on to do a scalp massage for a few minutes to stimulate hair growth.

When deep conditioning, I mix two teaspoons of JBCO before applying the deep conditioner mix to the length of my hair. I deep condition every week without fail.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.