Wash Day Diary - Post Holiday Wash Day

Monday, October 31, 2016

I got back from my holiday on the morning of Friday 28th October and had good intentions to catch up on some sleep and then wash my hair... I slept all day and had to go to an event in the evening so wash day was pushed back to Saturday.

In my last post I documented how I looked after my hair with the sea salt water, sand and how weather and as much as I tried to ensure that my hair was always protected, I knew it was important to give my hair some TLC now I'm home. 

I started my wash day by sectioning my hair and trimming my ends, taking off just over a centimetre as I'd noticed the beginning of fuzzy split ends whilst on holiday and couldn't wait to come home and trim them off. I know it's unusual to trim my hair prior to washing it but my hair was pretty clean as it had been washed and conditioned on Wednesday having got my hair wet at the beach,.

I pre-pooed my hair using L'Oreal Elvive Total Repair Conditioner sealed with extra virgin coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 35 minutes then rinsed once cool and shampooed with Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo. 


Products used for this washday.
I towel dried to remove any excess water then liberally applied Creme of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment mixed with Africa's Best Herbal Oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 45 minutes, rinsing once cool.

I t-shirt dried for 15-20 minutes then applied my leave-ins; Creme of Nature Strength & Shine Leave-in, Aunt Jackie's Moisture Intense Leave-in and sealed with Silk of Morocco Hair & Skin Treatment. I detangled my hair in sections with a wide tooth comb and then air-dried with a satin scarf to lay my edges and keep my hair tame as it dried.



Once 90% dry, I moisturised and sealed with Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer and Africa's Best Herbal Oil. I oiled my scalp with my castor oil mix of Lavender JBCO and peppermint oil then put my hair in a loose bun as I was just chilling at home for the evening.



My hair feels so soft, moisturised and bouncy, it was definitely a nice and easy wash day...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.