Product Review: Cantu Shea Butter Creamy Lotion

Tuesday, September 06, 2016


Cantu Shea Butter Creamy Hair Lotion 

Product Information:


This hair lotion will soften, moisturise and detangle your curls, leaving them light, shiny and bouncy. Made with 100% pure shea butter and formulated without chemicals or harsh ingredients. For natural hair, restores your real, authentic beauty and conditions curly, kinky or wavy hair. No mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, silicone, phthalates, gluten, paraffin, propylene glycol, PABA or DEA. This finished product is not tested on animals. 

Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Canola Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Fragrance (Parfum), Stearalkonium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Polyquaternium-11, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Seed Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Laminaria Cloustoni (Sea Kelp) Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Extract, Silk Amino Acids, Hydrolyzed Silk, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin

My Review:


I picked up this hair moisturiser when looking for something to keep the boys hair moist and to stop them from using my hair products.


I ran out of my staple moisturiser and couldn't get to the shop before it closed so decided to give the Cantu Cream Hair lotion a try and was quite sceptical if I am honest.


I first used this to moisturise and seal my hair after air-drying to 80% and was pleasantly surprised by how moist my hair was once fully dry. With most moisturisers, when air-drying I tend to have to moisturise and seal again before bed to ensure my hair is still moist and I'm not waking up to dry hair.


The consistency is like a creamy lotion, quite thick but when applying it to your hair a little goes a long way and this does not weigh down my hair at all. My hair is left, moist, shining, and easy to detangle and the best thing about this product is it contains no mineral oil, sulfates, parabens, silicones, phthalates, gluten, paraffin or propylene.


I started using this product in March of this year so the weather was quite cold and this managed to keep my hair moist, I think this can work as an all year round moisturiser and when the colder months do kick in I will just use a heavier oil to seal it with.


I am due to go on holiday on 13th October and this will definitely be my moisturiser of choice to keep my hair moist in the sun if I don't have time to get box braids....


Have you tried the Canty Creamy Hair Lotion?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.