Wash Day Diary - 8 Weeks Post Relaxer

Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Late Post - Sunday 29th November

Last weekend's washday almost didn't happen. I feel ill from last Thursday and when I woke on Friday, I felt so bad that attending work was not an option. I slept the whole of Friday and half of Saturday taking regular medication and still felt no better. I applied L'Oreal Elvive Total Restore conditioner to length of my hair and intended to seal this in with my extra virgin coconut oil and olive oil mix but with my hazy head, I picked up and used my castor oil mix instead. I covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for an hour whilst watching some television then rinsed.

As my hair felt so weighed down the week before, I clarified my hair using Tresemme Deep Clean shampoo and with one wash I could tell all product and build up had been washed away so I followed this up by using my staple Crème of Nature Moisture & Shine shampoo which helped to make my hair feel moist and less stripped.

After towel drying for 5 minutes, I deep conditioned with Shea Moisture Superfruit 10 in 1 Hair Masque sealed with my castor oil mix, covered with a plastic cap and sat under hood dryer for 30 minutes and then left on my hair for another 30 minutes whilst finishing off some chores then rinsed.

T-shirt dried for 45 minutes then applied my leave-ins; Crème of Nature Straight from Eden Detangling leave-in, Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter leave-in, Crème of Nature Argan Oil and a few drops of Fantasia IC Olive Oil Moisturizing Serum, detangled my hair in sections and then air-dried using my satin scarf to lay my edges.

Once 90% dry I spritzed my hair with a bit of water and spritzed my new growth with Root2Tip Honey Rain Juice, then moisturised and sealed with Root2Tip Triple M Moisture Milk and my avocado oil and lavender JBCO. I put my hair in a loose bun and covered with a satin scarf for bed



This was my first time using the Shea Moisture Superfruit Hair Masque and after my first use I am unsure how I feel about it. When rinsed, yes I was able to detangle pretty easily but I can't say I experienced amazing slip like others have claimed when using this product. The morning after however, my hair felt really soft and strong and my hair was still quite moist from moisturising and sealing and again on Tuesday morning when I removed my satin scarf and took down my hair to style, my hair was so moist and I did not have to use as much product to moisturise my hair. I will continue to use this for a month or two and then will do a review.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.