Relaxer Touch Up – 11 Weeks Post Relaxer

Monday, December 28, 2015

Late post!

I planned to relax my hair on Saturday 19th December but we had quite a few festive events to attend that I decided to do my touch up mid-week on Wednesday 16th December instead.

I started preparing my hair by sectioning into four and applying olive oil to the length of my hair excluding my new growth. Separated each quadrant into 1 inch sections and twisted hair from new growth downwards. I can honestly say I forgot to follow this up by adding petroleum jelly and have just remembered whilst typing this post which is irritating.

Anyway, with my hair ready I went on to add a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to half a tub of ORS Professional Olive Oil Lye Relaxer and mixed thoroughly for 3 minutes until all mixed together, set my timer for 18 minutes and then started applying the relaxer to my new growth starting with the two back sections. The timer went off whilst I was still smoothing so I continued for another 4-6 minutes then rinsed until all  relaxer was out of my hair.

I towel blotted my hair for a minute or two and then applied Aphogee 2 Minute Reconstructor to my hair as a mid-protein step and let sit in my hair for a few minutes and then rinsed.

Using the ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo, I neutralized my hair lathering 4-5 times to ensure all relaxer was out of my hair then blotted dry with a towel for a few minutes whilst deciding what to condition with. I grabbed the Creme of Nature Conditioning Treatment and applied it liberally to my hair and then sealed with my castor oil mix. I covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 30 minutes then rinsed one cool. Yes I should have used a light protein conditioner to condition with considering it was relaxer day but my mind was somewhere else and by time I realised it was too late to go on to add more conditioner, I had work the next morning.

I t-shirt dried for 25 minutes and then applied my leave-ins; Creme of Nature Straight from Eden detangling leave-in, Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Leave-in and sealed with Inecto Pure Coconut Oil Serum then detangled my hair with a wide tooth comb and air-dried using a satin scarf to lay my edges.

When my hair was 70% dry, I could just about keep my eyes open so admitted defeat and put my hair in a loose bun secured with satin scrunchy and then tied down with satin scarf then took myself to bed knowing I would have to get up that little bit earlier to deal with moisturising and sealing my hair before work.

In the morning, I moisturised and sealed with Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer and my avocado oil and lavender JBCO mix, styled my hair and was out of the door.

I am pleased with my results, I am left with texture so my hair isn't bone straight and it is so manageable, I forgot how good it is to be able to run my fingers through my hair.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.