Wash Day Diary - 5 Weeks Post Relaxer

Monday, November 16, 2015

Sunday 8th November

I am very late posting this. I washed my hair last Sunday morning but then went straight out for dinner and from there the days have just rolled on by… Here is what I did:

Pre-pooed with extra virgin coconut oil and left in overnight.  To shampoo, I used ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo for my first wash and then followed up with a second wash using Crème of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo then towel dried for 5 minutes.

Applied Aphogee 2-Minute Reconstructor to my hair, covered with a plastic cap and towel turban and made my breakfast then sat under the hood dryer for 20 minutes. Rinsed then deep conditioned with  Joico Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm mixed with my castor oil mix, covered with a plastic cap and sat under hood dryer for 30 minutes, rinsing once cool.

T-shirt dried for 40 minutes then applied leave ins; Crème of Nature Straight from Eden Detangling Leave-in; Giovanni Weightless Moisture Direct Leave-in and Inecto Pure Coconut Hair Serum, detangled my hair in sections then air-dried, using a satin scarf to lay down my edges.

My hair dried completely whilst I was tidying the house and getting ready to go out so I left my hair down with the satin scarf still laying my edges and  took my hair products with me, with the aim to moisturise and seal my hair once I got to my mother in laws’ house. That plan flopped as we had a full house of guests and were having too much fun so I put my hair up in a loose bun so it was out of the way and continued to enjoy some quality family time.

Once home later in the evening, I spritzed my hair with water and then moisturised and sealed using Root2Tip Triple M Miracle Moisture Milk & my Avocado and Lavender JBCO mix, oiled my scalp with my castor oil mix and gave myself a 5-10 minute scalp massage.

Monday & Tuesday's hairstyle

I usually use Crème of Nature Argan Oil Treatment to seal in my leave-ins, however, when I went to use it, the bottle was empty. I did not remember finishing it so I had to check my hair products bag and found my argan oil swimming at the bottom. I was so angry with myself as I have had the same bottle of Crème of Nature Argan Oil since I started my hair journey in 2012 and had at least a few months more use of it. That said, Crème of Nature have since brought out a 100% pure argan oil so I  went out and stocked up a bottle of this yesterday morning ready for my next wash day as I love using argan oil and when air-drying it helps my hair to dry faster.

How was your wash day?

The Wash Day Experience



You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.