September Empties

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

It's the end of the month and I have finished quite a few products. Some I will replace, some have gone in the bin with no intention of buying them again. Here are the products I have finished this month:


Extra Virgin Olive Oil
I don't actually use olive oil a lot in my regimen during the summer but with Autumn here and winter quick on its toes I will definitely use this together with coconut oil to pre-poo and as a deep conditioner addition. I will also be using olive oil to protect the length of my hair when doing my relaxer touch ups.

Virgin Coconut Oil
My love for coconut oil just grows and grows and I will definitely be stocking up on this. Not only do I use coconut oil as my favourite oil to pre-poo but my family and I also use coconut oil to moisturise our skin. My son has mild eczema and this works wonders on his skin.

Avocado Oil
I didn't use avocado oil much over the warmer months but now the cold weather is creeping in I use this to seal my ends either on its own or mixed with grapeseed oil. I started the castor oil challenge last week and so for the next 3 months I will be sealing my hair with a mix of avocado oil and castor oil.

Crème of Nature Strength & Shine Leave-in Conditioner
I love love love this product and it has been a staple since the beginning of my hair journey in 2012. I will not rush out to re-purchase straight away as I am currently using the Crème of Nature Straight From Eden Detangling Leave-in conditioner but I will definitely be buying this again.

Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner
I use this to co-wash my hair and my hair loves it. It is another staple and I alternate between this conditioner and the VO5 Give Me Moisture Conditioner. I have just bought a new bottle of the VO5 conditioner as it was on special so again I will definitely be replacing the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner but it is not an urgent purchase.

Vaseline
I use Vaseline on relaxer days to protect the length of my hair from relaxer run off. This is the only thing I use this for and I bought a new tub of petroleum jelly yesterday as I plan to do my relaxer touch-up this weekend.

ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo
This shampoo is my staple clarifying shampoo which I also use to neutralize my hair after a relaxer. I will purchase a new bottle this week as I will need this for this weekend’s relaxer touch-up.

ORS Hair Repair Masque
This deep conditioner used to be a staple of mine and I love how soft and manageable it makes my new growth in particular when stretching my relaxers. The only thing I do not like is the price of this product considering its size. In my local hair shops it is priced at £6.99 which in my eyes is too expensive so for the amount of product you get. I have since found another deep conditioner which my hair loves and although it is more expensive I do get more value for money so I will not be re-purchasing this deep conditioner.

L'Oreal Elvive Full Restore Conditioner
I bought this conditioner for its ceramide properties and I use this to pre-poo my hair. It is not a staple product as I tend to pre-poo with my staples Aphogee 2-minute reconstructor and coconut oil, however, I will re-purchase and use once or twice a month.

Do you use any of these products and if so, how do you use them in your regimen?


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I was shocked when I saw the Vaseline. But now I understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I can fully understand that... It is strictly used to protect my length of hair on relaxer touch-upd and occasionally used in our house as lip balm.

      Delete

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.