My Hair Regimen Updated - January 2015

Sunday, January 11, 2015

II have not updated my hair regimen since 9th September 2013, well over a year!!!

Here is my updated hair regimen - January 2015:



I have tried to keep my regimen as simple as possible whilst maintaining a moisture & protein balance. I wash  and deep condition my hair once a week which is usually at the weekend, If I feel like my hair is in need of a refresh during the week then I will do a quick co-wash.


Week 1-2:


Pre-poo with a moisturizing conditioner and or an oil mix on dry hair, cover with a plastic cap and sit under the hood dryer for 20 - 30 minutes, then rinse.
  • Shampoo with a sulfate free shampoo, then towel dry for 5 minutes.
  • Tea Rinse.
  • Deep condition;
    • apply light protein protein reconstructor for 3-5 minutes, rinse then follow with a moisturising conditioner mixed with an oil mix;
Or
    • apply moisture & protein balanced conditioner mix with an oil mix
    • Cover with a plastic cap and sit under the hood dryer for 20 - 60 minutes, then rinse.
  • T shirt dry my hair for 15 - 30 minutes.
  • Spritz with detangler and detangle my hair in sections.
  • Apply leave-in conditioners.
  • Use satin scarf method to air-dry, when I get 8-10 weeks post, I stretch my new growth with the tension method using cool air if I plan to wear my hair down.
  • Oil my scalp.
  • Moisturise and seal my hair in four sections.
Week 3:
  • Exactly the same as above but I shampoo using a clarifying shampoo to remove any build up.
Every 6 Weeks & 1 Week Post Relaxer

Hard Protein Treatment:
  • Prepoo with moisturising conditioner mixed or sealed with an oil or oil mix, cover with a plastic cap and sit under hood dryer for 30 minutes.
  • Wash  hair with clarifying shampoo.
  • Apply Protein Treatment to length of my hair from root to tip and sit under hood dryer for 30 minutes then rinse.
  • Deep condition with a moisturising deep conditioner mixed with oils, cover with a plastic cap under a hood dryer for 30 - 45 minutes. 
  • T shirt dry my hair for 15 - 30 minutes.
  • Spritz hair with detangler and then detangle in sections.
  • Apply Leave-ins.
  • Use satin scarf method to air-dry.
  • Oil my scalp. 
  • Moisturise and seal my hair in four sections.
Co-wash Routine:
  • Co-Wash with a moisturising conditioner, then towel dry for 5 minutes
  • Apply Deep conditioner mixed with my additions, cover with a plastic cap and sit under the hood dryer for 15 minutes.
  • T shirt dry my hair for 15 - 45 minutes.
  • Apply Leave ins and then detangle hair.
  • Use satin scarf method to air-dry.
  • Oil my scalp.
  • Moisturise and seal my hair in four sections.

Daily Hair Care:

  • Moisturise and seal my hair in 4-6 sections; 1-2 times a day.
  • Oil my scalp every other night.
  • Keep hair in a bun or other protective styles majority of the week if not 7 days a week.
  • At night I put my hair into a low loose bun secured with a satin scrunchie and cover with my satin scarf. I also sleep on a satin pillowcase.
Other:
  • Texlax hair every 12-14 weeks.
  • Dust my ends every 4-6 weeks or as necessary.
  • Trim when needed (approx every 3 4 months).
  • Baggy my ends/hair when needed.
  • Light protein treatment once a week 
  • Hard protein every 5 - 6 weeks.
  • Clarify hair every 3 weeks. 
  • Tea rinse weekly.

Texlax Prep:
Base my scalp with vaseline and apply Roux Porosity Control and Vaseline to the length of my hair from the demarcation line.

Relaxer:

ORS Professional Olive Oil Relaxer Creme - Lye / Normal Strength (18 - 20 minutes). 

A few tips...

  •  Try to keep hair manipulation by combs and brushes to a minimum. I used to wrap my hair every night with a paddle brush, I stopped using brushes in October 2012. I use a wide teeth detangling comb to detangle on wash days and a rat tail comb to part my hair in the week. Other than that I just finger comb my hair where possible.
  • Always remember to detangle your hair starting from the ends of the hair and working your way up to the roots.
  • A satin scarf or satin pillowcase is a must to help you on your hair journey. Without a satin scarf or pillowcase, your hair is then left to rub on cotton pillow cases all night, leading to dry hair, unnecessary rubbing and breakage.
  • Keep the use of direct heat to the very minimum, if you don't have time to roller set or air-dry every week then try using the cool setting on your hair dryer.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.