Wash Day Diary - 9 Weeks Post

Monday, October 20, 2014

Considering I was not overjoyed with last weeks wash day, I can report that my hair gave me no issues throughout the week. Despite my dislike of the Organix Smooth Hydration Argan Oil & Shea Butter line, once I moisturised and sealed using Root2Tip Triple M Milk and Quench Anti-Breakage Creme, my hair was back to being soft, moist and manageable.

These are the steps I followed for Sundays wash day:



Prepooed by applying L’Oreal Full Restore Hair Masque mixed with Coconut oil and Grapeseed oil to my dry hair in sections as I would apply a relaxer, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 30 minutes.


Shampooed using Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine Shampoo.



I towel dried for 5 minutes before applying my deep conditioner mix; Creme of Nature Argan Oil Conditioner, EV Olive Oil, EV Coconut Oil and honey, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 45 minutes. I finger detangled my hair before rinsing and then t-shirt dried for 40-50 minutes.

I removed the t-shirt and let my hair hang whilst I finished doing some chores and then applied my leave ins; Palmer's Olive Oil Strengthening Leave in, Root2Tip Triple M Milk and Creme of Nature Argan Oil. I detangled with a wide teeth comb and then air-dried using the scarf method.

My hair was about 90% dry and I needed to pop to the supermarket before they closed so I moisturised and sealed quickly with Root2Tip Triple M Milk and Root2Tip Quench Anti-Breakage Crème and twisted my hair up into a clip to keep my ends from rubbing on my hoody and was through the door.

Last night before bed I moisturised and sealed thoroughly, spritz my new growth with Evian Facial Spray and then oiled my scalp with my oil mix; JBCO, EVOO & Avocado Oil.

So another successful wash day! When I get to 9 weeks, my hair starts to have a mind of it's own and the struggles of stretching sees me reaching for a relaxer at just over 10 weeks once I've fitted in a clarifying shampoo and protein treatment to prepare my hair. Something tells me this will not be the case this time around but I won't speak too soon, I will see how this week goes...
Hair of the Day - Today at work

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.