Wash Day Diary: 2 Weeks Post 21.06.14

Monday, June 23, 2014

I decided to wash my hair on Saturday afternoon as I was having a lazy day and planned to have a family day out on Sunday. 

These are the steps I followed for my wash day: 




I pre-pooed my hair and scalp with my Coconut oil for 40 mins with heat using my hair therapy heat wrap.
I shampooed my hair twice times with ORS HaiRepair Invigorating Shampoo and when towel drying my hair to apply conditioner noticed I had a white residue build up in some areas on my scalp and roots so I lathered once more just to ensure I hadn't missed those areas. I towel dried and checked again and the build up was still there. I picked up my clarifying shampoo but something told me to my staple shampoo Creme of Nature Moisture and Shine Shampoo and with one lather and rinse my hair was clean. I have used the ORS Invigorating shampoo twice before with no problems so I will try it again to see how it performs before doing a review. 



Once I towel dried my hair, I applied my ORS Replenishing Conditioner mixed with 5-6 drops of coconut oil. I covered with a plastic cap and my heat wrap for 30 mins. 

Once I rinsed out the DC , I t-shirt dried for 45 mins and then sprayed my roots and the length of my hair with Shea Moisture Thickening Mist. Sectioning my hair into four, I applied Keracare Leave In and Creme of Nature Argan Oil through each section before detangling my hair and then tension dried with cool air.


Once dry, I moisturized and sealed with Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter and ORS HaiRepair Vital Oils.





The following morning, I decided to give my hair a trim, I've got a section at the back of my hair with extreme split ends and I'm baffled as to why. I took the plunge and patiently and slowly trimmed approximately an inch from each section but with the breakage in the back left section and having to chop quite a bit, I'm convinced my hair is now uneven therefore I will be booking an appointment for next weekend so my hair dresser can do a once over. I think I might ask her to take off another inch just to ensure my hair is even and that my hair has been trimmed above the split ends.

I may even consider a long bob as the summer is here and I loved my shorter hair last summer. I can't believe how much my attitude towards my hair has changed. A few years back I would of held on to split ends for dear life but now I know how to care for my hair, I know it will grow back and I'm all about health over length... I will let her review my hair and decide from there. I will keep you posted next week.


De’Onne x

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.