How I Plan to Recover from Breakage

Tuesday, January 24, 2017


In my last post, I documented how I suffered from major breakage and how I have recovered so far. I am almost armpit length but as mentioned in the last post, I have a row of breakage at the back of my hair which is currently trying to play catch up to meet the longer lengths.


I am really serious about getting my length back as soon as possible, so I have put a plan together to help me on my way and hopefully achieve my goal of retaining length:

Castor Oil challenge
o    Oil scalp every night with Jamaican black castor oil
o    Add JBCO to my deep conditioner
o    Add JBCO to my oil mix to seal my hair.

I have done the castor oil challenge a few times now and have really noticed a difference to the thickness and general health of my hair after the 12 weeks have passed so I have decided to do my own challenge to help with my goal.

I will be oiling my scalp every evening with Jamaican black castor oil which I have mixed with extra virgin olive oil, grapeseed oil and avocado oil. My hair is always in a bun or updo so I don't have to worry about ym hair looking or feeling weighed down and if it does, I will co-wash midweek.

I will add 1-2 teaspoons of JBCO to my weekly deep conditioners and also add JBCO to my oil mix which I use to seal my hair following on from a moisturiser.

Hair Vitamins
I purchased Vitamins for the Hair from Holland & Barrett which is for maintenance of normal hair and hair colour. I read the reviews beforehand and read good feedback so I thought I would give them a try. I had a blood test recently and I am anaemic with low blood pressure so I am taking these vitamins to give my hair a bit of oomph.

No Heat
I haven't used heat since 27th December and I plan to keep it that way. I will be air-drying on wash days and when my new growth gets too much for me, I will blow-dry my hair with cool air.

Low Manipulation Hairstyles.
This is an easy goal for me as I never wear my hair down for work and at the moment whilst I am trying to grow out the back layer of my hair, it makes it easier to keep my hair in a low manipulation protective style throughout the weekends too. If I have an event or am going out in the evening, I will blow-dry my hair with cool hair and I am always happy with the results.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.