Wash Day Diary - 8 Weeks Post Relaxer

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

This wash day was a protein wash day... I am 8 weeks post and it was time to stremgthen my strands I pre-pooed my hair with extra virgin coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil, covered with a plastic cap and left on for a few hours whilst completing jewellery orders and making breakfast and then shampooed using ORS Cream Aloe shampoo to clarify my hair.

I applied ORS Hair Mayonnaise to my hair and sealed with my extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil and JBCO, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 40 minutes then rinsed. I followed up by applying my ultimate favourite Crème of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment sealed with the aforementioned oils and sat under the hood dryer for 15 minutes.

I t-shirt dried for 20-25 minutes and then applied my leave ins; Crème of Nature Strength & Shine leave in conditioner, Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter leave in conditioner and sealed with Inecto Pure Coconut Oil Serum. I detangled in sections and for the first time in ages it took a while as I had quite a few tangles to get through and I think this is due to me not proper finger detangling after pre-pooing which usually does the trick.

I air-dried using the scarf method and once my hair was 90% dry went on to moisturise and seal with Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter moisturiser and my avocado oil and JBCO mix. 

I put my hair up into a loose bun for the rest of the day as we were going nowhere. In the evening, I oiled my scalp with my castor oil mix and covered my hair with a satin scarf.

On Monday morning, I was off work due to it being school holidays this week, I removed my scarf and had to moisturise and seal again as my hair felt quite dry, with that done, I did a simple twist and bun style for taking my son out for lunch.




You Might Also Like

1 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.