Wash Day Diary - 5 Weeks Post Relaxer

Wednesday, February 03, 2016



Sunday 23rd January

The days have been flying by so quickly so forgive me for this late post on my wash day a week ago at 5 weeks post relaxer...


I had hoped to wash my hair on Saturday but had plans and was out for the whole evening so wash day was pushed to Sunday. Sunday morning we had plans to go shopping etc so I decided not to pre-poo my hair overnight on Saturday when I got home.

Sunday morning came and my partner was in bed unwell so I started chores, started cooking, made some jewellery, watched a movie, everything but start my hair… Halfway through the above I decided it would be smart to pre-poo my hair and let it sit whilst I finished cooking and the rest of my chores so applied extra virgin coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil to the length of my dry hair, covered with a plastic cap and towel turban and left on for a few hours.

I had to pop out on Sunday evening so put my hair in a high messy bun and was out the door. On my return I headed straight upstairs and washed my hair with Crème of Nature Straight from Eden Hydrating shampoo lathering twice.

Once towel dried for a few minutes, I went on to deep condition my hair with Crème of Nature Straight from Eden Hydrating conditioner mixed with my castor oil mix, covered with a plastic cap and towel turban and let me hair steam whilst I took a nice hot bath. 30 minutes later once out the bath, I rinsed my hair using cool water and t-shirt dried for 25 minutes.

When I removed my t-shirt, my hair felt so dry and wiry and well words cannot really explain… I just didn’t like the feel of my hair and this is not how my hair usually feels having rinsed out my deep conditioner. I decided to pray for the best that my hair would look and feel better once I had applied my leave ins so I began spritzing my hair with the Crème of Nature Straight from Eden Detangling leave-in and then used my hands to work the product into my hair. This achieved nothing, my hair was still a wiry tangled mess and I was not happy considering time was passing and I wanted to relax. I took a second to breathe then ran upstairs for my Keracare leave-in as I knew it would help me through, I went through and applied it to my hair in sections and sealed with Inecto Pure Coconut oil Serum then detangled each section.

Once my hair was 90% dry, I moisturised and sealed with Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Moisturizer and sealed with my avocado oil and lavender JBCO mix, oiled my scalp with my oil mix and put my hair in a loose bun ready for bed.

On Monday morning, my hair still did not feel right. It felt dry and wiry and I knew I had to do something so when I got home from work I decided to co-wash using Vo5 Give  me Moisture conditioner and this helped somewhat but I couldn't wait to wash my hair again properly.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Sorry your partner did not feel well. At least you managed to do as much as you could.

    ReplyDelete

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.