Wash Day Diary - 4 Weeks Post Relaxer

Sunday, January 17, 2016


Saturday 16th January 2016
It is official, winter is here and this cold weather in the UK is no joke... I had no intentions of going anywhere but to the mother-in-laws for a lazy evening yesterday so decided to pack all the hair necessities and wash my hair whilst I was there. 

Before I left home, I pre-pooed with extra virgin coconut oil and extra virgin olive oil to make life easier so I could wash my hair as soon as I arrived and get on with deep conditioning and air-drying in a timely manner. Despite my good intentions, I got there and could not be bothered to start washing hair and having to sit under the dryer etc whilst the rest of the family watched films so I continued to pre-poo which ended up being for 4-5 hours.
When we got home later in the evening (after 10pm), I headed straight upstairs and washed my hair using Creme of Nature moisture & shine shampoo, lathering twice.

After towel drying for 5 minutes I did a medium protein treatment using ORS Hair Mayonnaise mixed with my castor oil mix, covered with a plastic cap, spritzed the inside of a second plastic cap and wore it on top of the previous plastic cap (for a steaming effect) then sat under the hood dryer for 40 minutes.

I rinsed my hair then applied Creme of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment mixed with my castor oil mix, covered with a plastic cap, spritzed the inside of a second plastic cap and wore on top of the previous plastic cap then sat under the hood dryer for 20 minutes.

Once rinsed I t-shirt dried for 30 minutes then applied my leave-ins; Creme of Nature Straight from Eden leave in, Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter leave in and sealed with Inecto Pure Coconut Oil Serum in sections and detangled each section as I went along with a wide tooth comb and then smaller medium tooth comb to ensure my hair was tangle free.

I air-dried using the scarf method and when 90% dry I moisturised and sealed with Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter moisturizer and my avocado oil and lavender JBCO. I oiled my scalp with my oil mix (extra virgin olive oil, extra virgin coconut oil, avocado oil & lavender JBCO) and massaged for 5 minutes, then put my hair in a loose pun secured with a satin scrunchie and tied my hair down with a satin scarf ready for bed.

This morning I took off my satin scarf and this is the result. My hair is feeling moist, soft, manageable and so bouncy. 



 How was your wash day this week?



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Don't you just love wash days that goes smoothly. Huge bun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bun is big! It looks loose too. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.