Product Review: J R Liggett's Coconut & Argan Oil Formula Shampoo Bar

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Product Information:
This newest 3.5 oz. bar shampoo addition has organic, luscious, moisturizing, sweet-scented, delicious Virgin Coconut Oil (but do not eat the bar!).
Keeps hair strong, vitalized, moisturized, and possesses anti-microbial properties.
Retains hair moisture, and keeps hair soft and shiny.
And we added organic Argan Oil, a new wonder oil, extracted by hand from the nut of the Argan tree, which is found mostly in Morocco. Argan oil gives new life to dry, tangled, flyaway hair and restores smoothness, strengthens, and gives your hair luster and shine. It has properties similar to Jojoba oil, but has its own dramatic enhancing performance properties. Argan oil hydrates hair and is outstanding for uncontrollable, curly, unmanageable hair. 

Refresh your shower and shave routine with this amazing bar shampoo virgin coconut aragan oil from J.R. Liggett. This old-fashioned formula was discovered in an old New England cookbook by the Liggett family who has since been creating these all-natural, safe-to-use bath products. Its unique formulation lathers and quickly cleans, leaving you with healthy, beautiful results. This sulfate-free product is safe to use on all hair and skin types with no risk of irritation. Enjoy this old-fashioned recipe with your family.

Product Directions:
None Given.

Ingredients: 

Olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, fresh pure New Hampshire spring water, sodium hydroxide (a binder), organic virgin coconut oil, organic argan oil, and vitamin E added, with natural coconut fragrance.

Received as a gift but can be purchased from: Amazon

My Review:
I had never heard about this shampoo bar before but my aunt had tried it and kindly bought one for me to try as she knows how much of a product junkie I am. I tried it as soon as I got it and I didn’t really know what to think. I couldn’t get the soap to lather very well in my hand so I just used the bar and lightly rubbed it all over my scalp in circular motions. It lathered well for a sulphate free shampoo bar and when I rinsed my hair felt squeaky clean but my hair also felt like it had a waxy feel to it and my hair was not easy to detangle as I had expected considering the bar consists of both coconut oil and argan oil. My aunt loves this shampoo bar for her hair and told me how soft and detangled her hair felt afterwards so she no longer uses shampoo but for me my hair cannot seem to get down with this product. I do not want to waste the shampoo bar so I have started to use this on washdays for the first lather and then follow up with my staple sulphate free shampoo which means I am then left with soft, moist detangled hair ready to be deep conditioned.

Luckily, this shampoo bar can also be used to wash your skin and also as a shaving gel so I will continue to use it for these purposes until it has gone but it is not a product I would re-order for myself.

Have you tried any of the J R Liggett's Shampoo Bars?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.