Castor Oil Challenge - Two Month Check In....

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

It has now been 8 weeks since the castor oil challenge started and I must admit the challenge so far has been a breeze as I managed to get myself into a routine from the beginning of the challenge and now use castor oil as second nature rather than thinking about it.
I cannot believe how quickly 8 weeks have gone, which is also a scary thought as it means Christmas is round the corner and will be here in just 5 weeks....
Quick Recap:
I joined the challenge at the extreme level. This consists of oiling my scalp every other night, adding 2 teaspoons of castor oil to my weekly deep conditioner and also use castor oil mixed with avocado oil to seal my ends each night.
I am happy to report I have been very consistent with each step of the castor oil challenge and I think being prepared at the beginning of the challenge has definitely helped.
For oiling my scalp, I pre-mixed Lavender Jamaican Black Castor oil with 100% pure castor oil and I store this in an applicator bottle which makes oiling my scalp no task at all. For those of you in the UK, I purchased 6 applicator bottles for £3.50 from HobbyCraft.
For deep conditioning, I have made up another mix of Lavender JBCO and pure castor oil and this bottle stays in the bathroom so when washday comes around, I can easily mix my castor oil mix with my deep conditioner.
Last but not least, to seal my hair, I have a pre-mixed 100ml bottle of 40% Avocado oil 60% Lavender JBCO. I keep this with my moisturiser downstairs so that it is ready and waiting when I go to moisturise and seal before I go upstairs to bed.
I store both my deep conditioner oils and my oil mix to seal my hair in 100ml clear plastic bottles which I bought for £1.00 in Primark. These bottles are perfect for your hair DIY's or to use to carry and use your hair products and are ideal for holidays. You can find these bottles on eBay here.
I am almost 7 weeks post relaxer and my new growth is popping with full effect, this is partly down to slightly under-processing my hair more than planned on my last relaxer touch up 6 weeks ago but oiling my scalp with my castor oil mix,  keeps my new growth soft and manageable so it is no struggle at all.
At the beginning of the week, with the two month mark of the challenge soon arriving, I realised I had not dusted my ends over the last 4 weeks so on Tuesday evening, I took my hair down after work to inspect my ends and was pleased to see that my ends were in really good condition and did not require dusting but I went through my hair and dusted anyway taking off the bare minimum. Sealing with avocado oil & lavender JBCO has been amazing for my hair and particularly my ends. Each evening when I take my hair down, my ends always feel soft and moist and when I want to, I can still get away with moisturising and sealing every other night.

I will try to take a pic of my ends over the week and will update this post..

You Might Also Like

1 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.