Autumn / Winter Hair Regimen 2015/16

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Whether we are ready or not, Summer is over and Autumn is here and it is time to winterize my hair regime for 2015/16…
I try to keep my regime as simple as possible now that I know what works and doesn’t work for my hair whilst maintaining a moisture & protein balance. I wash and deep condition my hair once a week which is usually at the weekend, if I feel like my hair is in need of a refresh during the week then I will do a quick co-wash.


Week 1-2:
  • Pre-poo with a light protein conditioner and/or extra virgin coconut oil, finger detangle then cover with a plastic cap and sit under the hood dryer for 20 - 45 minutes or keep on overnight, then rinse.
  • Shampoo with a sulphate free shampoo, then towel dry for 5 minutes.
  • Tea Rinse when necessary.
  • Deep condition with moisturising deep conditioner mixed with oils, cover with a plastic cap and sit under the hood dryer for 20 - 60 minutes, then rinse.
  • T shirt dry my hair for 15 - 45 minutes.
  • Apply leave-in conditioners and a few drops of serum then detangle my hair in sections. 
  • Use satin scarf method to air-dry and moisturise and seal once hair is 80-90% dry, then oil my scalp.
Week 3:

Same as above but I shampoo using a clarifying shampoo to remove any build up.

Every 6 Weeks & 1 Week Post Relaxer:

Hard Protein Treatment:
  • Pre-poo with extra virgin coconut oil, cover with a plastic cap and sit under hood dryer for 30 minutes.
  • Wash hair with clarifying shampoo.
  • Apply Protein Treatment to length of my hair from root to tip and sit under hood dryer for 30 minutes then rinse.
  • Apply Aphogee Moisture Balance conditioner, cover with plastic cap and sit under hood dryer for 15 minutes.
  • Deep condition with a moisturising deep conditioner mixed with oils, cover with a plastic cap under a hood dryer for 30 minutes. 
  • T shirt dry my hair for 15 - 45 minutes.
  • Apply leave-in conditioners and a few drops of serum then detangle my hair in sections. 
  • Use satin scarf method to air-dry then moisturise and seal when 80-90% dry before oiling my scalp.
Co-wash Routine:
  • Apply deep conditioner followed by oil mix to dry hair and deep condition for 15-20 minutes with heat. 
  • Co-Wash with a moisturising conditioner, then t shirt dry my hair for 15 - 45 minutes.
  • Apply Leave ins and then detangle hair.
  • Use satin scarf method to air-dry until 80-90% dry and then moisturise and seal.
  • Oil my scalp.
Daily Hair Care:
  • Moisturise and seal my hair in 4-6 sections; 1-2 times a day.
  • Oil my scalp every other night, although when my new growth is out to play, this changes to every night but sparingly.
  • Keep hair in a bun or other protective styles 99% of the time.
  • At night I put my hair into a low loose bun secured with a satin scrunchie and cover with my satin scarf. I also sleep on a satin pillowcase.
Other:
  • Texlax hair every 11-12 weeks.
  • Dust my ends every 3-6 weeks or as necessary.
  • Trim when needed (approx every 3 - 4 months).
  • Baggy my ends/hair when needed.
  • Light protein treatment once a week 
Texlax Prep:
Apply coconut oil to the length of my hair including my new growth and leave it overnight. The next day, I base my scalp with petroleum jelly and apply extra virgin olive oil to my new growth and length of my hair, then seal only the length of my hair from the demarcation line with petroleum jelly for extra protection.

Does your hair regime change during the colder months?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.