Castor Oil Challenge - 3 Months Starting Now....

Monday, September 21, 2015

I have joined the Hairlista Inc Castor Oil Challenge  to help thicken and grow my hair. I have taken part in the challenge over the last 2 years and have always seen great results. I use castor oil to oil my scalp as part of my regime but this is also mixed with one or two other oils so for the challenge I will stick to using just castor oil.

The challenge started two days ago on Saturday 19th September and is for three months, ending on Saturday 19th December. There are 5 participant levels of the castor oil challenge to choose from; basic, intermediate, advanced, extreme and ultimate.

Basic: 
Apply Castor oil to your scalp once (1) a week followed by a scalp massage (2-5mins focusing on damaged areas).

Intermediate:
Apply Castor oil to your scalp twice (2) a week followed by a scalp massage (2-5mins focusing on damaged areas).

Advance:
Apply Castor oil to your scalp three (3) times a week followed by scalp massage (2-5mins focusing on damaged areas).
Add 1 tsp of Castor Oil to your weekly deep conditioner.

Extreme:
Apply Castor oil to your scalp every other day followed by scalp massage (2-5mins focusing on damaged areas).
Add 1-2 tsps to your weekly deep conditioner.

Ultimate:
Apply Castor oil to scalp every other day followed by scalp massage (2-5mins focusing on damaged areas).
Add 2 tsps to weekly deep conditioner.
Seal ends with Castor oil mixed with another carrier oil (optional).

I have entered at the Ultimate level as I oil my scalp every other night anyway so it won't make a difference. To oil my scalp I will be using a mix of 90% Lavender Jamaican Black Castor Oil and 10 % Pure Castor Oil. 


For deep conditioning throughout the challenge I have a mix of half Lavender JBCO and half pure castor oil.



To seal my hair I have made a mix of avocado oil, lavender jbco and pure castor oil. 

I suffered breakage to the front and nape of my hair recently due to very under-processed sections of my hair and these are the areas I am focused on babying back to health. 

I am 9 weeks post as I start this challenge and I will be texlaxing my hair in the next 2-3 weeks, depending on how my new growth behaves.

For my first wash day of the challenge, these are the steps I followed:


Pre-pooed with Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor and Virgin Coconut Oil, without heat for 30 minutes then with heat for 30 minutes under the hood dryer.


Shampooed with Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo, lathering three times as I co-washed last week so hadn't shampooed for 2 weeks then tea rinsed with green tea.
Leaving the tea in my hair, I deep conditioned with Creme of Nature Intensive Conditioning Treatment and my castor oil mix, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 45 minutes then rinsed.


T-shirt dried for 30 minutes then applied leave ins; Creme of Nature Straight from Eden Detangling Leave-in and Organix Anti-breakage Milk to my hair in sections and then tension dried each section with cold air.


I have just finished moisturising and sealing my hair with Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisturizer and my oil mix of avocado oil, lavender jbco and pure castor oil and oiling my scalp with mix of jbco and pre castor oil.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.