Wash Day Diary - 5 Weeks Post Relaxer

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Saturday 6th June

My hair felt dry and blurgh all week and despite having the best intentions to co-wash during the week the days just disappeared so I couldn't wait for wash day.

I pre-pooed using Virgin Coconut Oil on dry hair, covered with a plastic cap and left on for 3-4 hours whilst I caught up on recordings then shampooed with Creme of Nature Moisture & Shine Shampoo.

I towel dried and then deep conditioned with Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner which I sealed with JBCO. I covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 30 minutes.

T-shirt dried for 30 minutes then spritzed my hair with Mane & Tail  Detangler and finger detangled my hair. Applied leave ins; Giovanni Weightless Moisture Direct Leave In Conditioner and Crème of Nature Argan Oil before detangling with a wide tooth comb then air dried without a satin scarf.

When 90% dry, I moisturised and sealed with African Pride Shea Butter Miracle Moisture Intense Buttery Creme and Grapeseed Oil. I oiled my scalp with my oil mix; Lavender JBCO and Virgin Coconut Oil then put my hair in a loose bun and secured with a satin scrunchie and covered with a satin scarf before bed.


I was totally surprised by how moist, soft and detangled my hair was after using the Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner, my texlaxed hair was a breeze to detangle. This is also the first time I have used the African Pride Moisture Intense Buttery Creme and so far so good.

How was your wash day this week?






You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.