Wash Day Diary - 11 Weeks Post

Sunday, November 02, 2014

I am 11 weeks post and whilst I was tempted to relax my hair whilst I had a few days off work, I decided against it when I checked the calendar and realised I would be 8 weeks post for the Christmas / New Year period. I don't know how long this stretch will go on for, but right now I figure whilst my hair is working with me time is on my side.

These are the steps I followed for today's wash day:


I deep conditioned applying my mix; ORS Olive Oil Hair Masque, Coconut oil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Avocado Oil and Honey to my dry hair in sections, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 50 minutes.


After rinsing out the deep conditioner, I tea rinsed with Green Tea; leaving it in for 5 minutes before rinsing.

My original plan for this wash day was to co-wash first and then deep condition (I prepped the DC mix whilst watching youtube videos) but forgot what I was doing and the next thing I was applying it to my dry hair so had to follow through. To me it felt as though after such a good DC session, I was now about to wash that all out of my hair and was worried my hair would no longer feel silky soft and manageable. I decided to co-wash using the Creme of Nature Argan Oil Conditioner and I won't lie, I was worried this conditioner was slightly too thick for this purpose but  I was pleased with how well this worked  with my hair.

I towel dried for 2 minutes, finger detangled my hair and then t-shirt dried for 30 minutes before applying my leave ins; Shea Moisture Yucca & Baobab Thickening Growth Milk, Root2Tip Triple M Milk and Creme of Nature Argan Oil. I detangled with a wide teeth comb in four sections and then air-dried using the scarf method.


My hair was about 80% dry and I needed to leave the house and go to my mum's for dinner, so I oiled and massaged my scalp with my oil mix; JBCO, Avocado Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then twisted my hair into a loose bun and secured with a small clip.






My intention was to moisturise and seal my hair as soon as I got to my mum's house whilst my hair was still damp but that didn't happen so when I got back home, I sectioned my hair into four, spritzed each section with my Evian Facial Mist and then moisturised and sealed with Root2Tip Triple M Milk and Grapeseed Oil. I am just chilling watching TV so I put my hair up in a loose bun out of the way and will secure with a satin scarf before bed. 


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. How do you feel about Shea Moisture Yucca & Baobab Thickening Growth Milk? I haven't tried this one yet.

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I love it as a leave in as once my hair is air dried it feels so soft and bouncy but I always tend to use it alongside another product for that extra boost of moisture. I'll do a review x

      Delete
  2. Your hair looks great!!! I've used CON shampoo but never the conditioner. What are your thoughts on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love love love it! It's definitely a staple and I find it works best when you use it with the shampoo. I love this combo but will also use to co-wash when stretching.

      Delete

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.