Wash Day Diary - 8 Weeks Post

Saturday, October 18, 2014

12th October 2014

I am 8 weeks post and unfortunately, I didn't have very successful wash day...

Here is how it went:


Prepooed with coconut oil on dry hair, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hooded dryer for 35 minutes.

Shampooed with Organix Smooth and Hydration Argan  Oil & Shea Butter Shampoo

Did a 2 minute protein treatment using Aphogee Keratin 2 minute Reconstructor

Deep conditioned with Organix Smooth Hydration Argan Oil and Shea Butter Conditioner mixed with Honey, Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Extra Virgin Coconut oil, covered with a plastic cap and sat under the hood dryer for 30 minutes.

After rinsing, I t-shirt dried for 25 minutes and then assessed my hair after to see how the Organix Smoothing Argan Oil & Shea Butter Shampoo and Conditioner worked for my hair. My hair did not feel soft and smooth at all and there was NO slip whatsoever…..


Luckily I had re-purchased the Mane & Tail Detangler the day before so I made a dash for my products drawer and spritzed my hair lightly and then finger detangled before going through with a wide teeth comb.


I applied my leave ins; Palmers Olive Oil Strengthening Leave in Conditioner (new to my stash) and Root2Tip Triple M Milk (transferred to a spray bottle) and Organix Coconut Milk Anti-Breakage serum and then airdried using the scarf method.


When 80-90% dry, I moisturised with Root2Tip Triple M Milk and sealed with the Quench Anti-Breakage Crème before oiling my scalp with my oil mix; Avocado oil, Extra Virgin Oil & JBCO.

My hair is still soft, smooth and moist once air-dried but I have already made up my mind to not use either the Organix Argan Oil & Shea Butter Shampoo or Conditioner again and think at this stage of my stretch it is best to stick with what I know.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

The Healthy Hair Diary 2016. Powered by Blogger.